Subject Re: [firebird-support] Will we move when yahoo Groups close theirs doors?
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2019-10-23 17:06, blackfalconsoftware@... [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Why not simply use a forum implementation, which is a better
> technology to use for such a form of support than that of a mailing
> list?

We are using a forum right now. Yahoo Groups is both a forum (until the
28th) and a mailing list. I personally prefer mailing lists, because I
want to get things in my mailbox, and not have to go to multiple
websites and read the topics there.

Solutions like groups.io and Google Groups are a forum + mailing list

In any case, we are currently discussing what to do in the admin group.
In theory staying with Yahoo Groups is an option, but as it will be
mailing list only that is invite-only after the 28th , that doesn't
really have our preference.

Mark