Subject Re: [firebird-support] Basic Re-Start
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2019-10-01 20:15, Clyde Eisenbeis cte677@... [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying. Is there a more current Embedded_fb3.pdf doc?
> I don't see fbclient.dll file mentioned in that doc (although
> fbclient.dll is in Firebird 3.zip).
>
> Referencing fbclient.dll to Visual Studio is easy. Do I need any
> other files (such as plugins)? Is there any compiling or
> installation necessary?
>
> Typically, I reference a dll in Visual Studio, and Visual Studio
> includes it when a program is compiled.

You need to reference the FirebirdSql.Data.Client library (Firebird
ADO.net provider, https://firebirdsql.org/en/net-provider/), which will
load fbclient if you set it to server type embedded. But really, you
should take your question to the Firebird-net-provider Google Group,
because you're more likely to get a more specific answer there about
using Firebird from .net.

Mark