Subject Re: [firebird-support] LOCALTIME and LOCALTIMESTAMP
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 18-7-2018 15:42, liviuslivius liviuslivius@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> >>I suggest you take this question to the firebird-devel mailing list as
> >>it concerns an unreleased version. Questions on FB4 are off topic here.
>
> >>Mark
>
> Yes, but as local_time and local_timestamp was forwarded to FB3 it is
> important to know if we need also Local_date as replacement to
> Current_date in FB3. Then we must know FB4 TZ configuration details like
> is it retrived from system or from firebird config

LOCALTIME and LOCALTIMESTAMP are not available in any **released**
Firebird 3 version, so technically questions about the presence of those
functions in Firebird 3 should also go to firebird-devel.

In any case, you were asking about the behavior and implications of time
zone config in Firebird 4. That is not the same as asking about the
introduction of LOCALTIME and LOCALTIMESTAMP as aliases for CURRENT_TIME
and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in Firebird 3.

Again, these questions should go to the firebird-devel list.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel