Subject Re: 335544382. Can't allocate difference page
Author
> ---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <lists@...> wrote :
>

> I am using firebird 3.0.2 and I access it using java (jaybird).

The system is running on linux 4.12.

I am trying to execute the following statement:

ALTER DATABASE END BACKUP;

Then I get the following error:

GDS Exception. 335544382. Can't allocate difference page

Can someone tell me what is going on?

  In short: write to the difference file was not successfull.

  Common reason could be out of disk space or some other error at filesystem\disk level.
Of course, there is always exists possiblilty of some kind of bug at the engine itself...
but i never saw such errors before.

I am sure there was no power outage and the system did not reboot.

There are no indications about hard drive errors in the logs.

What could I do to find the source of this problem?

  Is it reproducible ?
What is the current state of the database (gstat -h) ?
Any messages at firebird.log around that time ?

Regards,
Vlad