Subject Re: FB3 Embedded on Android
Author
---In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, <projorge@...> wrote :

> Hi,
> I'm trying to put the embedded version running on android,
> but FB is allwys trying to connect to localhost.
>

> The FB files are located on the app files folder
>
> files/firebird/libfbclient.so
> files/firebird/firebird.msg
> files/firebird/plugins/ libEngine12.so
> files/firebird/intl/fbintl. conf
> files/firebird/intl/libfbintl. so
/*The icu files are not in the distributed tar */

  This is wrong structure, where do you get it ?

  For correct structure look at android build here

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/releases/download/R3_0_3/Firebird-3.0.3.32900-0.arm.tar.gz

  It contains subfolders :
/bin with executables (you don't need it for embedded),
/lib with libfbclient.so (you don't have it and this is the reason for errors you see)

> When I try to create a local database, trough IBPP, I'm getting the follow error:
>
> Error message:
> SQL Message : -902
> can't format message 13:98 -- message file /data/data/com.fb.test/files/ firebird.msg not found
> /* FB is trying to pick the firebird.msg form files and not from files/firebird, where the libfbclient.so is located ??!!?!?!?*/

  Because firebird.msg is looked at one folder above libfbclient.so. If you put libfbclient.so into /lib
(
files/firebird/lib in your case) it will start to work as it should.

> Engine Code    : 335544721
> Engine Message :
> Unable to complete network request to host "localhost".
> Failed to establish a connection.

  Because libfbclient.so is in wrong place, it can't find and load plugin libEngine12.so, therefore
it tries to use next provider from default list - Loopback.
Loopback provider add "localhost:" to the
connection string and thus the error above.

> What is wrong about my embedded structure,

  Hope it is clear now

> and what are the rules to use the embedded connection ?

  Nothing special, i'd say ;)

Regards,
Vlad