Subject Re: [firebird-support] Blob concat not working in FB 2.5.2
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 31-1-2018 16:07, Chuck Belanger phytotech@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Hello:
>
> In a stored procedure I am trying to concat two blob TEXT fields. One
> typically is text with RTF formating code about 1-30k long and the other
> may be simple text about 1-4 k long.
>
> According to the FB reference manual <blob> || <blob> should output a
> <concat blob> , but for the larger text blobs it will simply not concat
> the smaller text blobs at all, i.e. it outputs the larger text blob
> only. I have tried concat small blob text just fine, and as a test the
> same larger text blob field concat to itself and this does not work at all.
>
> I am testing this in IBExpert.
>
> Am I missing something here? How do I concat two text blob fields reliably?

I'd start by testing if it works ok in Firebird 2.5.8, and if not create
a reproduction script and create a ticket on tracker.firebirdsql.org.

Make sure you aren't running in limitations of IBExpert itself, say for
example maybe it only shows the first 32K of a field, and your first
blob is 32K. Make sure to verify in a different tool (eg isql, FlameRobin).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel