Subject RE: [firebird-support] Which Firebird ADO.Net client is compatible with Firebird server v2.0.x?
Author Bálint Nagy
Re v2.0.x? Oh, yes, this was my first reaction too (upgrade), but they have a large number of customer installations on v2.0.3 and upgrading is beyond their limits ☹
I tried an upgrade to v2.0.7, as I understood that this is a relatively painless thing (upgrading to v2.5 and v3.0 being much harder), but the problem remained the same.
I don’t think it’d be a timeout, as the tables are small, and the failures come in around or less than a second. However, I’ll give it a try.
I will post the question in the other group with all the info I have.
Thanks,
Balint

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 2018. január 12. 21:29
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Which Firebird ADO.Net client is compatible with Firebird server v2.0.x?

As a shot in the dark (since it is not consistent, but more of a problem on a slow computer): Could it be related to some timeout issues, and that increasing ConnectionTimeout or CommandTimeout could help?

But Mark is right, you should post your problem on another list with far more detailed information about the system and the error (e.g. it is unlikely to be a timeout problem if your table contains only a few records).

Set

Den 12.01.2018 15:11, skrev B?lint Nagy balintn@...<mailto:balintn@...> [firebird-support]:
Hi,
I need to connect to a Firebird v2.0.3 database from .Net.
I downloaded the current Firebird ADO.Net provider about two months ago, then the current one (5.12.1.0), and implemented all the necessary queries for my app.
I the development environment it is quite stable, about 95% of the time queries succeed. In a test environment (with a bottom of the line PC with weak CPU and disk) queries fail about 60% of the time.
The failing queries are syntactically correct. If I run them from IBOConsole, they succeed. Also, the query failures are not consistent: the same query succeeds some times and fails some other times.

I suspect there is an incompatibility between the server and the ADO.Net provider.

Can someone advise on the client version (?) to use?
Any other ideas I could try?

Thanks,