Subject Re: [firebird-support] Compatibility questions: Current release versus 1.5.3.4870
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2017-07-27 00:58, 'Leyne, Sean' Sean@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> My question (and I'm sorry if I'm asking this before doing any
> research on my own) is simply, how compatible is the 2.5 version with
> databases created with 1.5.3?

Firebird 2.5 can read databases from Interbase 6.0, and from Firebird
1.0 and higher without problems, however that doesn't mean that
applications using that database can't break. For example new keywords
would mean that columns or tables with the same name now need to be
quoted in the query string. That is assuming you even use dialect 3,
otherwise, if you are still using dialect 1, the problem could be even
bigger. There were - iirc - also some changes with joins and alias use
that could break queries.

Mark