Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connection rejected by remote interface
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 14-7-2017 15:07, 'Dieter Blume' DB@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> i am a software-developer, using Delphi 2006 and Firebird 2.5.
>
> Yesterday, I tried to migrate from Firebird 2.5 to Firebird 3.0.
>
> Everything works fine, but only on my server. When I tried to
> connect to Firebird 3.0 using a remote PC, the following error
> occured:
>
> "Connection rejected by remote interface"
>
> I used exactly the same components on server and client.
> - IBConsole
> - gds32.dll (copy of fbclient.dll from 32-bit-setup)
> - my own application using connect-string "server:c:\database\test.gdb"
>
> I deactivated the Windows-Firewall on the server with no success.

Check
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/745494/unable-to-complete-network-request-or-connection-rejected-for-firebird-on-j

Also make sure you are using the Firebird 3 fbclient.dll on your client
machine, or make sure that the legacy authentication is allowed and wire
encryption is downgraded from Required to Enabled.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel