Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.5.6 not work with locla protocol
Author Helen Borrie
Friday, April 21, 2017, 10:29:01 PM, blumy2005@... wrote:

> I install Firebird 1.5.6 with administrator rights, WIn 10, x64, but i have a problem
> I can not use local protocol on my PC!

> All my firebird's application connect with FDB database, only i use
> run as administrator for my app...without Run as admin...a received

> Unknown username or password
> Unavailable database

> BUT....if a replace local protocol with COMPNAME:<fdbfile>, if a
> use TCP protocol..al my apps work with normal rights + Run as admin...TCP protocol works well

> Where is the problem??

As Dmitry said, you are using a very old Firebird with a modern
operating system. Firebird uses an inter-process communication
channel for local connection on Windows. Before Fb2 it was a subsystem
known as 'IPServer'. From Fb 2 forward, it is XNET and it is
different from its predecessor.

In the early days of Fb 2.0, XNET connections had the same problem on
Win Vista. The workaround at the time was to configure the parameter
'IpcName' in firebird.conf from its default value to use a global
access route to access XNET, changing

#IpcName = FIREBIRD

IpcName = Global\FIREBIRD

I don't think it would work with Fb 1.5 IPServer but it could be worth
trying.

In firebird.conf for Fb 1.5, you have

#IpcName = FirebirdIPI

So try changing it to

IpcName = Global\FirebirdIPI

It is case-sensitive. Notice that you have to delete the '#' marker.

Remember to stop and restart the Firebird server after the change.

Also make sure that your applications are using the correct version of
fbclient.dll for Fb 1.5.6. You can copy it from the \bin\ directory
of the server into the directory where the application .exe runs.

Helen