Subject Odp: [firebird-support] Deletion of rows from mu ltiple tables takes a lot of time around 30mins
Author liviuslivius@poczta.onet.pl
Hi,

For me 5 minutes looks also very long.
Look how delete query plan looks like

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

----- Reply message -----
Od: "&apos;Joje&apos; joje@... [firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Do: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Temat: [firebird-support] Deletion of rows from multiple tables takes a lot of time around 30mins
Data: wt., kwi 18, 2017 08:17

Hello,

Today one of our customer complained that removing clients from application is taking a lot of time around 30-40mins.  So I looked into their database whose DB size is around 340MB and found that our DBA has a called deletion triggers in main table. Triggers will delete all the client information from related tables that 6 tables. Also, I checked the child tables from any additional triggers  but there were none.

Now, when I copied this database to my development environment deletion works fast takes around 5 mins. I also rechecked with their older databases also whose size is around 1GB. Found no slowness during deletion.

The question arises why this deletion process is taking so much of time at customer environment ?

 < /o>

Another thing I noticed was that FBServer was consuming 25% CPU usage during deletion.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Joje