Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Problems after FB3 upgrade
Author
Ahhh, the security.fdb is the issue, I only kept the cfg files
Thanks Helen

Regards
Fabian

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2016 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Re: Problems after FB3 upgrade

Thursday, September 8, 2016, 11:23:28 AM, you wrote:

> After replacing the existing install with the  snapshot I am
> getting the following error on connection:

> Connecting...  Failed!
> ------------------------------------
> Unsuccessful execution caused  by a system error that precludes
> successful execution of subsequent  statements.
> Install incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the  release notes for this version.

> Attempting to connect to services  manager... Failed!
> ------------------------------------

You should have saved your firebird.conf, security3.fdb and
databases.conf.

> Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error  that precludes
> successful execution of subsequent statements.
> Install  incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the release notes for this  version.

So now you need to go back and initialise your security again, by
following those instructions.  And do not forget to shut down the
Firebird service while you are doing that.

> And the Firebird.log file is not present (I deleted  the old file
> before replacing the FB installation with the snapshot files, and
> after restarting the service the log file is not being created)

The log file is created the first time the engine has something to
write to it.  You have not even reached the point of making a
connection.

> Any idea what's going on??

Next time, before you overwrite your installation, save copies of
those three files and copy them back before you start up Firebird.

Helen

------------------------------------
Posted by: Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
------------------------------------

Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu.  Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.

Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: