Subject Re: [firebird-support] deploy Windows Application to access Firebird database
Author Alain Bastien
for a local access with FlameRobin what is the syntax to connect to a LOCAL server

I can't get the right syntax under Windows !!

I can PING, I can browse  shared folders but can't connect to the firebird database

the machine Server name is "compaq-proliant"

OS is WIndows Server 2003 IP 192.168.1.125

My Client PC is Windows Vista 192.168.1.10

I type compaq-proliant:C:\DATA\MyDATA.fdb

All are connectted on a Router

What's wrong ?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Alain Bastien
34 Dr Ross Avenue
Rose Hill 72102
Mauritius
Mobile Tel: +230  5 719 30 30
Skype:alainbastien
Viber: 7320143

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Stefan Heymann lists@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Does it apply to remote servers also such as
> www.myserver.com:/opt/ database/fbdata.fdb
> The release note README file in the embbeded zip says:
> [...]

You are mixing up access to a remote database (only fbclient.dll
needed) and the Embedded Firebird server (fbembed.dll, renamed to
fbclient.dll).

Regards

Stefan