Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB 3 - Adding anew User
Author
Hi Thomas,

I understand, I think I've done it 3 times before adding the password at the end, I will try the hole thing again in a new environment and come back with the log so we are sure we got this on nailed down.

Cheers,
Fabian

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] FB 3 - Adding anew User

Hello Fabian,

> Sorted after reading "Initializing the Security Database" from
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/release_notes/Firebird-3.0.0-ReleaseNotes.pdf
> at page 116. I think there is a small error on the documentation, where it says
> " isql -user sysdba employee", the sentence works probably on Linux but on Ms
> WIn 2012 Server R2 it requires the password to run.

You need to shutdown every running regular Firebird server process, otherwise you won't end up in an Firebird 3.0 Embedded connection, which is needed if you want to initialize your 3.0 security database in SRP mode.

--
With regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Professional Tools and Services for Firebird
FB TraceManager, IB LogManager, Database Health Check, Tuning etc.

> Cheers,
> Fabian

------------------------------------
Posted by: "Thomas Steinmaurer" <ts@...>
------------------------------------

Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu.  Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.

Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: