Subject Re: [firebird-support] General: connect firebird server from local network
Author Helen Borrie
Hello Mark,

Saturday, April 23, 2016, 6:02:00 PM, you wrote:

> As far as I know even in Firebird 2.5 and earlier, settings like
> ConnectionTimeout, TcpRemoteBufferSize and maybe some other settings
> affected the client.

But that is not to say that the client reads firebird.conf, is it?
Firebird.conf in all versions, including Fb 3, contains global
settings, server-side, that affect all clients. The difference in Fb3
is that some settings can be configured "per database" in
databases.conf. Even those settings depend on what comes through the
API. I suppose those client-side things could be configured in some
kind of ini file but I've not heard of an API function that reads
firebird.conf or databases.conf.

It's fair to say that few people know the Firebird API as well as you
do. Are you saying that you have methods in Jaybird that read firebird.conf?

Helen