Subject Re: AW: Re: [firebird-support] timestamp of the firebird database (modified date) does not change in f b 3.0 RC2
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 2016-03-11 13:40, 'Checkmail' check_mail@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my third ticked within three days. What should I do, windows ticket?
> E-Mail an microsoft? ;)

It is expected behavior. See
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724290%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
:

"Time stamps are updated at various times and for various reasons. The
only guarantee about a file time stamp is that the file time is
correctly reflected when the handle that makes the change is closed."

The difference (in contrast with earlier versions) you might be
experiencing with Firebird 3 has likely to do with the new database
linger functionality which will keep the file open for a while when
there are no connections to that database. See ""Linger" Database
Closure for Superserver" in the Firebird 3 release notes.

Mark