|Subject||Re: UDF install in FB3.0 RC2|
Adding UDFs to databases in FB 3.0 RC2 is giving an error when using any function in the added UDF. The UDFs packaged with FB3 are OK.
To the EMPLOYEE db packaged with FB3.0 RC2 I can add UDF fbudf.dll, which is packaged with FB3 and its functions select values OK. I have also installed ib_udf.dll.
I have also installed two UDFs not packaged with FB3 into the UDF folder and when testing (eg. "select extractyear(current_date from rdb$database ") the engine gives error "function extractyear is not defined. module name or entrypoint could not be found."
Extractyear is in rfunc.dl. The other DLL with the same problem is freeUDFLib.dll.
I am connected to the DB as SYSDBA. Table RDB$USER_PRIVILEDGES has the same values for RBD$RELATION_NAMEs ADDMONTH (in fbudf.dll which tests OK) and EXTRACTYEAR (in rfunc.dll which gives the error).
The UDFs look to have installed OK.
The problem does not seem to be with the new to FB3 "GRANT EXECUTE TO FUNCTION ..." based on my look into table RDB$USER_PRIVILEGES.
All DLLs in the FB3 UDF folder load OK in an EXE I have for examining parts of DLLs.
It look as if FB3 is telling me "I only open UDF DLLs I like". Suggestions for diagnosis are welcome.