Last week I am trying to set up my new computer for Visual Studio programming with Firebird databases. Problem is I tried everything in my power but when i try to connect to Firebird database via Server Explorer in VS, window for Firebird just shut down.
These are things I already tried:
- Reinstall Firebird 3.0
- Reinstall ADO.NET
- Reinstall DDEX
- Check machine.config for duplicate DbProbiders
- Reinstall Visual Studio 15
- Uninstall Firebird 3.0 and install Firebird 2.1 (already worked with it some time ago)
- Reinstall Windows 10
- Uninstall Windows 10 and install Windows 7
These are steps I do to install Firebird in VS
- Install Firebird 3.0
- Install ADO.NET
- Install DDEX
- Insert provider to VS via NuGet
After installation I can see Firebird provider in my list when adding database but when I open it and start typing or changing something, it just closes.
If there is any other info I can give you, please tell me.
Here is my machine.config