Subject Re: NEXT VALUE FOR on Firebird 3.0.1 32bit Windows 7 32bit
Author Dmitry Yemanov
06.12.2016 11:50, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> I noticed something interesting, when restoring a Firebird 2.5 database
> to Firebird 3.0, only user generators (RDB$SYSTEM_FLAG = 0) get a value
> of 1 in RDB$GENERATOR_INCREMENT, system generators get 0. Is that
> intentional?

System generators are not transferred in backup, they're recreated from
scratch when a database is being created during restore. And you cannot
explicitly issue either GEN_ID or NEXT VALUE for them, the engine itself
increments them at the low level, without looking at
RDB$GENERATOR_INCREMENT.

So I believe it's absolutely OK, although possibly looking weird.

Dmitry