Subject Re: [firebird-support] Digest Number 9396 (Temporary Tables)
Author Lester Caine
On 22/11/16 07:09, tiberiu_horvath@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> I have code that uses temporary tables in at least 30 places in my
> programs. This is the way I did complicated queries. Most of these
> procedures are written 10 years ago (Interbase, Firebird 1.0). I cannot
> change everything (replace every query that uses temporary tables),
> cannot do this without proper testing.

A lot of my code is come up on 20 years old and in the IB/FB1 days it
was a case that one had to build temporary tables in order to speed up
some report processes. Today those queries are a lot more efficient
using CTE queries ad removing the need for managing temporary tables. I
totally accept that the time taken to undertake changes may seem a waste
when things are working, but it is worth the time to pick them off over
time ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL