Subject Re: [firebird-support] Digest Number 9396
Author Dalton Calford

Yes,

But the new domain is not created for every table, just for every column where you are not using a pre-defined domain.

So,

Create table MYTABLE(mycolA integer, mycolB integer, mycolC integer); would auto create three separate new domains.

I wish I knew more of what you are trying to do, as Firebird has many features that would normally remove any need for regular metadata changes.

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of tiberiu_horvath@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: November 21, 2016 7:13:46 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Digest Number 9396

So, everytime I create a table in FireBird, a new domain is created automatically in the database ?

This surely could be an explanation of my problem !

I will try to create domains and use those in DDL .

Is this a correct approach :

create domain MyIntegerDomain Integer ;

create table myTable (id MyIntegerDomain) ;

?

Tiberiu