Subject Re: [firebird-support] Digest Number 9396
Author Dalton Calford

Interesting, only one record.

The RDB$ domains are auto generated by the system - RDB$1297080260861 says that it is the 1,297,080,260,861 domain created by the system.

If this is not the only auto-generating domain you have been using, it is possible that you have hit the maximum auto-increment.

I personally never use auto-generated domains, always used named/created domains.

What version of firebird are you using?   Using earlier versions, you can perform clean up on the system tables, while newer versions limit or prevent modification of the system tables entirely.

How big is the database in size - can it be zipped up into a smaller, more reasonable size for a third party to repair in case you are not comfortable with smaking system tables?

Another method, may be, using a tool like flamerobin to extract all the metadata, then create a new clean database with pristine structures, then, pump the data across.

I would personally, re-evaluate the process that is creating and dropping meta data and perhaps use the power of firebird to it's full.

best regards

Dalton