Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB3 Memory usage
Author Si Carter
Hi Dmitry,

Take your point on there being no orphaned records, default for
TempCacheLimit is 8 MB (see below dragged from conf file). And proof in
terms of screen shots are below. You may also see on there FB2.5 which has
many more websites on it.

fwiw, I am just trying to understand why the mem *appears* so high before I
port another 10 to 15 databases over to v3.

regards

Si

Straight from conf file:

#
# The maximum amount of the temporary space that can be cached
# in memory.
#
# For Classic servers, this setting is defaulted to 8 MB.
# Although it can be increased, the value applies to each client
# connection/server instance and thus consumes a lot of memory.
#
# Type: integer
#
#TempCacheLimit = 64M