Subject Re: FB3 Memory usage
Author Dmitry Yemanov
04.11.2016 13:30, Si Carter wrote:

> The memory usage crept up to just under 3gb again

Once again, where do you get that number from? Task manager? Perfmon?
top? Screenshot proof would be appreciated.

> The memory usage crept up to just under 3gb again, and I took a snapshot
> of the data using the previous sql, from all 4 databases. Between the 4
> databases there are over 1500 orphaned records, and between the 4
> databases there are 30 identifiable connections.

There are no "orphaned" records, it's just a result of your outer join
-- you also get non-identified transaction- and statement-level counters
(mon$stat_group > 1).

And because of that, you shouldn't sum all the values in the column -
the counters are already aggregated
statement->transaction->attachment->database, so you just get wrongly
multiplied results.

> I have placed the raw data in a csv file (http://tinyurl.com/zkqf9bo)

The current memory usage is just 350MB but there was a peak of 3.4GB
(3GB of them were used for db1.fdb).

What is your TempCacheLimit setting in firebird.conf? If it's set too
high, the peaks could be explained by heavy sorts.

Dmitry