Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird 3, execution modes
Author Mark Rotteveel
You might get a quicker response on firebird-devel. Questions about beta versions are off topic on firebird-support.

Mark

----- Reply message -----
Van: "'Walter R. Ojeda Valiente' sistemas2000profesional@... [firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Aan: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Onderwerp: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird 3, execution modes
Datum: di, jul. 14, 2015 16:29

¿Nobody has answers to my questions?

Greetings.

Walter.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Walter R. Ojeda Valiente <sistemas2000profesional@...> wrote:
Reading the excellent (as usual) document of Helen Borrie: Firebird 3.0 Release Notes (for Firebird 3.0 Beta 2) I had some doubts:

First, it says that for choicing the working modes (models) I need to put values 0 or 1 at SharedCache and SharedDatabase. Ok with that.

But then it says that the execution modes depends (on Windows) of a -m switch.

So, really if I want a determinated working mode I need to do 2 things:
1. Execute FIREBIRD.EXE with or without the -m switch
2. Put values at the entries SharedCache and SharedDatabase

¿Am I right?

Besides it, if I want Database1 using Classic and Database2 using SuperClassic, it is impossible with just one instance of FIREBIRD.EXE

¿Am I right?

Greetings.

Walter.