Subject Odp: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.5.3 on Window s 2012 R2 Server
Author liviuslivius@poczta.onet.pl
Hi,

I know only one - cache problem
Windows can eat too many RAM.
Fixed in FB2.5 serie.

Migration to 2.5 does not require 2.1 between. Buf you can get migration errors like ambigous field names and other

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

----- Reply message -----
Od: "&apos;Softtech Support&apos; stwizard@... [firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Do: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Temat: [firebird-support] Firebird 1.5.3 on Windows 2012 R2 Server
Data: wt., cze 30, 2015 16:12

Greetings All,

Can anyone tell me if Firebird 1.5.3 will run on Windows 2012 R2 Server?

Our Delphi application has run since 1997 on one version or another of windows server.  It is currently on Windows 2003 Server and we have had no issues at all.  Our office is wanting to install a new server with Windows 2012 R2 and I need to know if there are any issues I should be aware of or if Firebird will install and run without any issues.

Is there a place to go on the web that discusses this in depth (If necessary)?

Thanks for anyone that takes there time to answer.

If I'm ever given any breathing room, I would eventually like to move to Firebird 2.5.4 and would also like to know if I should move in stages like to 2.1 then to 2.5, etc.  Any documentaion on that would be helpful as well.

Thanks all,

Mike

Avast logo