Subject RE: [firebird-support] unsupported on-disk structure
Author Marius Labuschagne

Hello Helen,

Using isql command line I can connect without a problem.

Thank you very much Helen, you have saved my day.  I did a search and found the culprit.

I installed iVMS-4200 Stream Media Server (for CCTV) last night just before I went to bed, and I see that they are making use of most probably Interbase.  I will uninstall the software, and see if it resolves my problem.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

Marius

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 27 February 2015 07:50 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] unsupported on-disk structure

At 06:25 p.m. 27/02/2015, 'Marius Labuschagne' mjlabuschagne@... [firebird-s wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can someone please comment on this scenario.
>
>I have been working on my machine for months, and suddenly this morning whenever I try to connect to any of my database stored on this machine I get the following error:
>
>unsupported on-disk structure for file C:\......\TD3.FDB; found 32779.15
>
>My machine is an generation 4 I5 with 16GB of RAM, and running Windows 7 Professional.
>
>Firebird Server that is installed is Firebird-2.5.3.26780_0_x64
>
>Nothing has changed on the machine, that I know of, and suddenly this morning when I wanted to start working all of the databases I try to connect to gives me that error.

What happens when you try to connect using isql from the \bin directory of your Firebird 2.5.3 root?

>I use Database Workbench to connect to the databases.

My guess is that either you have a rogue copy of either an old Firebird client or an InterBase client in the service path.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net