Subject Re: [firebird-support] Cannot Connect to FireBird Database from network workstation
Author Jesse McCarty

Is that setting changed in the /etc/firebird/firebird.conf file or a different configuration file? I have not made any changes to the xinetd configuration.

Jesse

On Nov 22, 2015 12:32 AM, "Mark Rotteveel mark@... [firebird-support]" <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 21-11-2015 20:07, Jesse McCarty linuxphotographer07@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> Production system running Ubuntu 14.04 (64Bit) and Firebird Classic 2.5
> has the database setup and also has two samba file shares setup. The
> Windows 7 machine can see the shares (including the location of the
> database) but the program test connection is always unable to connect to
> the database. I also cannot connect to the Database from a remote
> machine using FlameRobin.

Have you checked that Firebird is listening on the external IP address
of the server (192.168.254.42 according to the screenshot)? As far as I
recall the default xinetd config of Firebird Classic on Ubuntu only
listens on 127.0.0.1 (localhost).

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel