Subject Odp: [firebird-support] Re: Cannot connect to re mote FB Server
Author liviuslivius@poczta.onet.pl
Hi,

Yes this is your network cofig problem.
Talk with your network admin. I have no problem with connect between networks like this
192.168.2.100
255.255.255.0
192.168.2.1

And

10.10.6.110
255.255.255.224
10.10.6.105

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski

----- Reply message -----
Od: dennisktliew@...
Do: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Temat: [firebird-support] Re: Cannot connect to remote FB Server
Data: śr., mar 19, 2014 03:24

Hi Marcus,

Visited the site yesterday, and tried on another server running Window Server 32 bit:

IP Address: 172.30.0.47
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 172.30.0.1
FB Version: 2.1.1.17910 (32 bit)
FB Location: C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_1

I tried to connect to this server from this PC:

IP Address: 172.30.17.198
Subnet: 255.255.252.0
Gateway: 172.30.16.1
DHCP: Yes
Telnet 3050: Yes
Trace route:
172.30.16.1
192.168..202.2
aamy-platapp01 [172.30.0.47]

However, using IBOConsole to connect, this time it said "Connection rejected by remote interface".

Using same PC, i changed the configuration to the following:

IP Address: 172.20.4.188
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 172.20.4.1
DHCP: No
Telnet 3050: Yes
Trace route:
172.20.4.1
192.168..202.2
aamy-platapp01.aagroup.redicons.local [172.30.0.47]

This configuration works fine!! IBOConsole can connect without any problem! According to IT guy, this IP Address falls under DMZ zone. So, I was thinking, is this problem caused by the network? But, i was able to telnet port 3050. So, this really puzzled me. Is there any other stuff that I need to 'open' or 'release' on FB side?