Subject Re: Odp: [firebird-support] Readcomitted ReadOnly Transaction - Commit or Rollback?
Author Carlos H. Cantu
IMHO, RC+RO should be used mostly for long running transactions, since
its major benefit is to not block garbage collection. I usually use
them for "lookup" data.

I agree with Dmitry that constantly commiting such transactions is
kind of nonsense or misuse of its purpose, unless there is some
specific situation that could justify such behavior (and I'm not
seeing it).

Carlos
Firebird Performance in Detail - http://videos.firebirddevelopersday.com
www.firebirdnews.org - www.FireBase.com.br