Subject Re: [firebird-support] Historic tables design
Author Lester Caine
Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng wrote:
> I'm planning to do historical data archive too, and still searching what
> the best strategies to use. For me, it is best to separate the historical
> table into it's own table, because the historical table should not have any
> index. If i put the historical table into separate database, that will make
> it harder for me to handle two database update that almost happen on every
> transaction. That what i think of course

You NEED an index of some sort on every table even if it is just a generator
key, but yes at present Firebird does not support cross database queries, so
separate tables need to be in the same database.

( pet hate - if you MUST top post PLEASE switch off quoting altogether! It's
even or annoying when your email client does not respect the sig tag and
re-quotes the sig as well - I think it's about time I put this as MY sig :) )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL