Subject Re: Re[2]: [firebird-support] big change after restore
Author Nick Upson
# post backup & restore
# time isql < q.count.sql

COUNT
============
129599

real 0m0.382s
user 0m0.014s
sys 0m0.049s

# pre backup & restore
# time isql < q.count.sql

COUNT
============
129599

real 0m4.932s
user 0m0.014s
sys 0m0.042s

the query is "select count(*) from mytable"

as all the records were added in a script together I expect they would all
be on close pages

It is worth noting that the performance deteriorated to 4.8 sec, initially
it was around the 0.3, I need to understand why in order to keep it at 0.3

--
Nick Upson, Telensa Ltd