Subject Re: [firebird-support] error code 904 (firebird SS-2.1.5)
Author Mark Rotteveel
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:27:57 -0700 (PDT), Behzad Assadpour
<it_gsi@...> wrote:
> Hi
> I've recently upgraded from firebird 2.0.7 to firebird 2.1.5.In the
> previous version I usually used to  receive error cod 902 on one of my
> databases and may application could not connect to database. But after
> restoring a backup, it's problem used to solve for just one day and it
> repeated again.I decided to upgrade to  version 2.1.5 and since then , I
> have not received that error . But It starts to receive error cod 904.
It
> surprisingly connects to database and can read its data but after a
while
> it receives error. The

Errors with sqlcode -902 and -904 are not really specific. It is better to
refer to the actual errorcode and error message.

> details  of  the error is like this:
>
> Error Code : 904
> implementation limit exceeded (imp-exc-335544381)
> Transaction count exceeded.perform backup and restore to make database
> operable again.(335544864)
>
> Then when I restore the backup file, it works for a while and it repeats
> again.In addition, my database size is about 550 Mb and it seems small.I
> want to know how to over com the problem.
> I look forwarding hearing from you.

On the face of it, it looks like something is starting a lot of
transactions on your database. The limit of transactions in Firebird is
2^31. If this is about to be reached, you need to backup and restore, and
you are notified with this error message.

If you were using Firebird 2.5, I'd suggest to use the trace API to see if
this is actually occurring. For a quick check, I'd suggest to make
snapshots of the output of gstat -h to see if the transaction count
incresases quickly.

Mark