Subject Re: [firebird-support] Unable to INSERT INTO TABLE
Author Nagy Szilveszter
Did you commit after creating the table?

________________________________
From: Allstars <data@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:42 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Unable to INSERT INTO TABLE

Hello there,

I am fairly new to FIREBIRD SQL. I am using WINSQL as my database management system.

I am trying to insert into a table I created.

create table allBillOfMaterials(

id int not null primary key
, totalTitles int not null
, bomNumber varchar(17) not null
, bomDescription varchar(255)
)

It creates the table and says (0) rows affected. Fine. I look at the database explorer and the table is there.

When i try to insert into the table, it says that the table is unknown. The id(pk) should be created automatically I'm thinking. Someone save me!!

insert into allBillOfMaterials('', totalTitles, bomNumber, bomDescription)
select distinct
count(bom.num) as "Total"
,bom.num as "BOM Number"
,bom.description as "BOM Description"
from bom
inner join bomitem on bomitem.bomid = bom.id
inner join part on part.id = bomitem.partid
inner join bomitemtype on bomitemtype.id = bomitem.typeid
inner join customset on customset.recordid = part.id
where bomitem.typeid = 20
and customset.info = 'Book'
group by bom.num, bom.description
order by bom.description