Subject Re: [firebird-support] Can't access MON$ tables
Author Ann Harrison
On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Michael D. Spence <
firebird@...> wrote:

> Yes, I would be pretty surprised if the ODS got upgraded automatically.

A very late reply, but just wanted to mention that every once in awhile,
someone decides
that a change to the ODS is very small and beneficial, so wouldn't it be
nice if the database
server just upgraded the database on disk structure automatically. I think
it happened
twice at InterBase, once before and once during Borland's ownership.
Certainly the one
before Borland resulted in our spending a lot of engineering hours manually
downgrading
databases because of incompatibilities that the customers could not live
with. Been
there, done that, have the scars.

Cheers,

Ann