Subject Re[2]: [firebird-support] multiple connection strings
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, Nick!

NU> I've run some tests, using firebird 2.1.5 on centos 5.9, a database of 36Gb:
NU> 22 mins $ gbak -user sysdba -pass xxx -backup localhost:/opt/db/mydb.fdb
NU> /opt/archive/db/nu3.fbk
NU> 28 mins $ gbak -user sysdba -pass xxx -backup -se localhost:service_mgr
NU> /opt/db/mydb.fdb /opt/archive/db/nu2.fbk

strange.

NU> 29 mins $ gbak -user sysdba -pass xxx -backup /opt/db/mydb.fdb
NU> /opt/archive/db/nu1.fbk

as I said, -se and local protocol on Linux nearly the same.

NU> 22 mins $ gbak -user sysdba -pass xxx -backup localhost:/opt/db/mydb.fdb
stdout >> /opt/archive/db/nu0.fbk

well, what I can say - seems that different systems and environment
produces different results. And, such tests must be made for every
production, to be sure that fastest method is used.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com