Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird on Windows 8
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 21-11-2012 20:40, heineferreira wrote:
> Hi
>
> Do you have any plans to put Firebird and the database drivers and flamerobin into the windows 8 app store?
> Aparantly there are major issues with sideloading in windows 8.

You can install Firebird and Flamerobin without issue on Windows 8. The
only thing I encountered was a little more severe warning because the
Firebird installer isn't signed.

As far as I know, sideloading only refers to installing Windows Metro
(aka Modern UI) applications, not to normal Windows applications like
Firebird and Flamerobin.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel