Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Stumped on SQL Indexing/Bad Plan-ing
Author Ismael L. Donis Garcia
For my whole the problem that you have, is that you have a bad design in your database.

Best Regards
=========
|| ISMAEL ||
=========
----- Original Message -----
From: red_october2009
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:31 AM
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: Stumped on SQL Indexing/Bad Plan-ing

Here is some further info:

I have been experimenting by eliminating JOINed tables, and fields that pull from tables in the JOIN.

If I pull back only fields from s then the execution time is fast. As I add VARCHAR() fields from the JOINed tables, execution slows, but is still acceptable (< 2 seconds).

However when I add BLOB SUB_TYPE 1 fields from the JOINed tables, it kills the response time... up to 9 seconds.

Pulling back BLOB fields seems to be the hold up. However, I need those fields. Is there a way to make the blob fields in the query not so damaging to response time?