Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB database in RAM
Author Kjell Rilbe
Den 2011-08-08 08:47 skrev karolbieniaszewski såhär:
> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:firebird-support%40yahoogroups.com>, Kjell Rilbe
> <kjell.rilbe@...> wrote:
> i have one installation with "the same" database size - 48 GB on
> RAM-DISC but i do somethink like this.
>
> I put database on RAM-DISC but for may purposes only nightly backup was
> not acceptable solution - becaouse of that i use shadow file also
> on RAID volume :)

I'm a bit curios though. Have you investigated the option to run a
replicator from RAm to disk rather than using the shadow file feature? I
would assume that a replicator would not have to touch the disk header
page for read only transaction, for example, while I assume the shadow
feature will touch the headers of both files, always.

If you've investigated replication but chose shadow files, can you
describe why?

> Benefits - very very fast read operations and no loos of data.
> I make script for activating (shadows) and restoring database in
> ram-disc if some totally power failture occure - UPS also can fail and
> do problems

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe