Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FB database in RAM
Author Lester Caine
Kjell Rilbe wrote:
> Yes, maybe. Could you give any stats on performance with such a setup
> compared to regular RAID 1 with traditional 15 krpm scsi disks?

Also worth considering although may not be practical if you don't manage the
hardware, Solid State Disks prices are coming down ...
In my own case a single 16Gb disk could handle the whole system, but they are a
size the manufacturers don't seem to support :(
It would be interesting to see performance figures for them though?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL