Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to connect from flamerobin in window to FB server in CentOS 5.4
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:19 PM 3/07/2011, you wrote:

>h) tried to retrieve server version from flamerobin, flamerobin asked for username and password, I wrote sysdba and masterkey and got error message "Your username and password are not defined"
>
>Is there another steps I should do?

Step 1. 'masterkey' only works on new Windows or MacOSX installations!. On Linux, go to the root directory and look for a text file called SYSDBA.password (or might be sysdba.PASSWORD, I can't remember off the top of my head). The uniquely-generated password is in there.

Step 0. Read the Quick Start Guide. It is in /opt/firebird/doc

./hb