Subject Re: How to Identify 64 bit firebird
Author mariuz
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "robert.gilland" <robert.gilland@...> wrote:

> I have a requirement to Identify whether a Firebird system is 64 bit or not, in order to know whether to deploy a 64 bit UDF or a 32 bit UDF. Is there any thing to give the correct information here.
> I am hoping to be able to use the "IBO Admin" Component suite for Delphi to Identify this information.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Robert.

I would detect if is a 64 bit os first
http://forum.codecall.net/pascal-delphi-tutorials/33960-how-detect-windows-64bit-delphi-code.html
Then if so detect where firebird is installed
(if is in 32 bit reserved path or in 64 bit area)
http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/qsg2-disk-locations.html#qsg2-disk-locations-win
One more check would be to check if firebird is really a 64bit process

TODO:Maybe the api should show it somewhere like in the the version case
SELECT rdb$get_context('SYSTEM', 'ENGINE_64BITS') from rdb$database;
1/0 in 2.5
True/False 3.x