Subject Re: Maximum number of rows in Firebird 2.1 and up (is it 1099511627776 records ?)
Author lmatusz
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "hvlad" <hvlad@...> wrote:

> > i would like mathematical equation for max number of rows/records.
>
> Read PAG_init() function in \src\jrd\pag.cpp
>
> Regards,
> Vlad

In src/jrd/RecordNumber.h you are stating that practical table size
limit is roughly equal to:
db_page_size table_size_without_allocation_threshold_and_overhead
16kB 20000 GB
8kB 10000 GB
4kB 2500 GB
, but giving the maximum records per table (which i believe is not
dependent on db_page_size) i have following
table_size_without_allocation_threshold_and_overhead:
record_size table_size_without_allocation_threshold_and_overhead
10 6447 GB
100 14878 GB
200 16044 GB
1024 17123 GB,
and i think it doesn't dependent on db_page_size as it is stated in
src/jrd/RecordNumber.h.
Where is the truth ? I would like to hear about it from Vlad Khorsun
(hvlad).