Subject Re: [firebird-support] SAM Broadcaster and Firebird.
Author L Lloyd
Right, ok, there is a FDB file in the SAM
directory. I add it to FlameRobin and get the following pop up.

Unhandled Error in FlameRobin

*** IBPP::LogicException ***
Context: GDS::Call()
Message: Can't find or load FBClient.dll or GDS32.DLL

*Runs a quick search*

FBClient.dll is in C:\Program Files
(x86)\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\bin and GDS32.dll doesn't exist.

At 07:31 AM 4/16/2011, you wrote:

>llloyd3 wrote:
> > Hello everyone! I hope I can make this as
> simple as possible so the problem can be
> quickly fixed. First off, I am using Firebird
> 1.5, not 2.5, SAM Broadcaster can't use 2.5 as
> it gives a tbQuery error for 'ver'. So please
> please please don't suggest upgrading to 2.5 as
> SAM Broadcaster can't *use* it, unless you know
> of a working solution to that error. But that's
> not the problem. I am running Windows 7 SP1,
> fully updated, and I install Firebird 1.5,
> reboot the computer, Then run the SAM installer
> and the SAM doesn't throw out a tbQuery error
> so woot! But then the installer says it can't
> connect to the database. O.o Ok...
> >
> > Administrator Tools -> Services shows both
> Firebird Guardian and Firebird Server (both '-
> DefaultInstance') as running and automatic and
> netstat shows
> <http://pastebin.com/mrNu5R2J>http://pastebin.com/mrNu5R2J
> ... I used pastebin as it's rather long and I
> don't want to spam people.>.< So with the
> available data anyone know what is broken?
>
>First check would be can you connect to a database without the installer.
>Flamerobin will give a few more hints if it can't connect. We don't know what
>the installer is trying to connect to and what the error is?
>
>--
>Lester Caine - G8HFL
>-----------------------------
>Contact -
><http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact>http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
>L.S.Caine Electronic Services - <http://lsces.co.uk>http://lsces.co.uk
>EnquirySolve - <http://enquirysolve.com/>http://enquirysolve.com/
>Model Engineers Digital Workshop - <http://medw.co.uk//>http://medw.co.uk//
>Firebird -
><http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php>http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
Time to die.

-- Roy,
Bladerunner.