Subject Re: difficult question about a procedure
Author karolbieniaszewski
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Olaf Kluge" <olaf.kluge@...> wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> ____________
> The first procedure needs to be used as a "selectable" stored procedure
> ala: SELECT * FROM ... where as the second SP as "executable" stored
> procedure. I don't know how you execute your SP (Delphi, access
> components ...), but possibly the first doesn't work because an EXECUTE
> PROCEDURE is issued behind the scene.
>
> Just a wild guess.
>
> __________
>
> In first case I executed the procedure with ibmanager and got the result
> set. With IBM, I just click on an little arrow and the application runs the
> statement. If I execute the procedure with another application like ms
> access, the syntax is "for select" of course.
>
> I was wondering because the first option returns the result set but does not
> change the values.
>
> It's crazy in this case. Maybe I should take another sql manager.
>
> Regards, Olaf

how do you check that data was not changed?
In second window or in the same where you execute procedure?
I do not know how this ibmanager work but may
1. in first example it commit data because this is not selectable stored procedure
2. in second may be transaction is still active and you should commit data by some button

Karol Bieniaszewski