Subject Re: 1.5.3 NONE -> 2.5 UNICODE_FSS
Author martin.agren
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Steinmaurer <ts@...> wrote:

> > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Svein Erling Tysvær<svein.erling.tysvaer@> wrote:
> >>
> >> You said you also had Database Workbench. Have you tried connecting through DBW to your database, right clicking 'Schema' and choose Extract DDL? It works fine for me, but then we don't use very complex dependencies...
> >>

> > I now tried to edit a flamerobin db script (took a LOT of changes) and got it to run in one transaction. However, when trying to commit the transaction I get a 'deadlock' error.
> >
> > I then tried to add objects one by one and succeeded with procedure sceletons, domains, functions, generators and roles.
> > When coming to the tables, I can add the columns but when trying to add a primary key I get an error:
> >
> > *** IBPP::SQLException ***
> > Context: Transaction::Commit
> >
> > SQL Message : -607
> > This operation is not defined for system tables.
> >
> > Engine Code : 335544351
> > Engine Message :
> > unsuccessful metadata update
> > cannot create index PK_TEST_1
> >
> > This is a very simple index on an not null integer column (and no data in table, of course).
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> Care to send me a metadata backup of your database privately and I will
> give it go with the most recent versio of DBW?

That was a generous offer, but I am not ready to give up yet :)

The error above came from me using 'now' and 'today' literals in domain definitions. It seems they are no longer in use.

I also had to change some triggers where the new.fieldname context variables no longer were writable...

But it is coming along, got most metadata in place now.

/M