Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: ISC ERROR CODE:335544344 ISC ERROR MESSAGE: I/O error for file - already opened
Author Sammy Davis
Thanks, using alias works fine!

--- Em sáb, 2/4/11, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> escreveu:

De: Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
Assunto: Re: [firebird-support] Re: ISC ERROR CODE:335544344 ISC ERROR MESSAGE: I/O error for file - already opened
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Data: Sábado, 2 de Abril de 2011, 5:15

At 01:34 PM 2/04/2011, Sammy Davis wrote:

>My version is superserver.

>If i connect first with Ibexpert then my datasnap server can't connect.

>If i connect first my datasnap server then I can't connect with Ibexpert.

Superserver on Windows is protected from having two clients connect to a database with different path strings (something that Windows would otherwise allow, that would corrupt the database, because Windows then treats the same *file* as though it were two databases).

Look at the path strings you have set up for these two connections. I bet you will find that one is

"C:\MYFILE.FDP"

while the other is

"C:MYFILE.FDP" (notice the missing backstroke)

Avoid these problems by using an alias. In aliases.conf, make the entry

myfile = C:\MYFILE.FDP

Then make both your datasnap server and IBExpert (and every other client) connect to myhostname:myfile

./hb