Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Oldest transaction far behind...
Author Michael Ludwig
Norman Dunbar schrieb am 22.03.2011 um 20:32 (+0000):

> Evening Vlad,
>
> > Really, you should consider OST-OIT, not OAT-OIT, because of :
> >
> >> The oldest snapshot transaction (OST) is normally the same as the
> >> OAT and indicated, basically, the transaction number beyond which a
> >> sweep will not clear out "garbage".
>
> Now, that's what I always thought of as correct the difference between
> OST and OIT but everything I've ever seen on the matter has alwayss
> said it's the difference between OAT and OIT.

True, but unfortunately, that was wrong, as has been revealed a while
ago:

The truth about automated sweep - Posted by Cantu on 27 May 2010
http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=4475

Also, check out the thread starting here:

Re: Can stopping the Firebird Server damage database if a sweep is …
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-support/message/108506

--
Michael Ludwig