Subject Re: FB2.5 crash
Author svanderclock
hmm, yes i query monitoring tables ... how often ? hmm i don't really know (but i thing often). As soon as one query take more than 2 secondes i query the monitoring table to know the number of read to know if the problem is in query optimization (lack of index or wrong plan) or in server overloaded

the code i use is this :

transactionstart
executequery
if querytime > 5 secondes begin

'SELECT '+
'MON$RECORD_IDX_READS as IDX_READS, '+
'MON$RECORD_SEQ_READS as SEQ_READS '+
'FROM '+
'MON$RECORD_STATS '+
'JOIN MON$TRANSACTIONS ON MON$TRANSACTIONS.MON$STAT_ID=MON$RECORD_STATS.MON$STAT_ID '+
'WHERE '+
'MON$TRANSACTIONS.MON$TRANSACTION_ID=current_transaction',

if (Idxreads + SeqReads > 10000) then begin
insert query in querytoOptimize
end

end;

in our framework we don't let one transaction open, we always for everyquery (or list of query)

Transaction start
executes queries
if > 5s get statistiques
transactioncommit
except
transactionroolback
checkdatatabaseconnection
end

b/ the file in my ftp server it's all the file i found in the firebird server the last time i have the error ... so yes it's the file connected to the error and possiblity also that their is also some file connected to the previous error few days ago (because i don't delete the file from the server)

thanks for all vlad !
stephane