Subject Re: [firebird-support] fb 1.5 GSEC on win server 2008?
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:04 PM 4/01/2010, Paul Hope wrote:
>Hello Helen - Happy New Year!
>
>I tried every combination of localhost, ip address, local address with
>no success. Had the -database defined every time. I hope I can just
>copy a security.fdb from another system and pray that it does not laugh
>at me. I'll come back with more detail if it does. BTY is the 1.5
>GSEC known to work with WS2008?

Yours is the first report I've heard of it not working.

-- Have you attempted to just open the GSEC utility and perform your operations in there?

-- Could you provide the command strings you have tried and say for each what happened (or didn't happen)?

-- Which sub-release of Fb 1.5 are you using?

./heLen